Tablets Against Loneliness
Tablets Against Loneliness is a national awareness and support campaign that uses donated tablets to help reduce feelings of loneliness.
We have developed a framework helping care settings to obtain tablets and to better understand the value of video communication during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will also provide technical support to those supporting your patients and communities when required.
Get In Touch
Tablets Against Loneliness Framework
- Read: How Hospitals, Hospices & Care facilities can use Skype to reduce loneliness during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- Discuss how your care home, hospice, charity or hospital could support patients and the community with communication technology during the pandemic
- Think about how you might ask your local community and businesses to donate tablets.
- Phone the Digital Legacy Association on 0203 286 6812. We will provide over the phone support and help troubleshoot any potential hurdles.
- Write and public press release (to view a example PR click here)
- Request up to three loaned tablets from here
- Call the Digital Legacy Association for technical support during the campaign.
The COVID-19 pandemic is stopping many people in care homes, hospices and hospitals from seeing their loved ones. Tablets Against Loneliness provides donated tablets to care settings. Video calling can then take place between residents, patients and their loved ones.
Unfortunately, not everyone has access to a tablet or the internet. We are requesting that businesses, organisations and members of community donate their used / unused tablets. These will be used in care settings across the country. Once you have contacted us we will put you in direct contact with the closest care facility to you that requires one or more tablets.
Once donated, the Digital Legacy Association will help ensure that this extremely vulnerable group are able to stay connected to people who are important to them. Tablets will also allow those with dementia to access activities virtually reducing some of the weight of the lockdown.
Support this campaign and share this page
Please share Tablets Against Loneliness campaign using the social media sharing buttons below. By sharing this website you might help increase the amount of tablets donated and help reduce feelings of loneliness during the COVID-19 pandemic.